- Reservations Upon acceptance of your application, your place is reserved with a $750 per person deposit by check or credit card, along with a completed and signed registration form. Registration forms will be mailed upon acceptance of your application. Note: you are not considered registered until we receive your completed and signed registration form and payment. Final payment is due 30 days prior to departure.
- Not Included in Cost of Your Trip Airfare, alcoholic beverages, necessary identification (photos, passports, visas), travel insurance, excess baggage charges, airport taxes, medical, hospitalization, or evacuation costs, personal tips, laundry, spa services, room service, poolside service, Internet access, or other personal items.
- Cancellations Any cancellation received in writing 30 days prior to departure will result in a cancellation fee of $750. Cancellations received after 30 days prior to the start date will not receive a refund. Zoetrope Short Story Writers' Workshop reserves the right to cancel the workshop, in which case all payments will be refunded.
- Note on Accommodation If requested, we will make every attempt to find a roommate. If one is not found, you will pay the single occupancy rate. Likewise, we will make every effort to ensure that those registrants requesting a single room receive one.
- How to Get There The destination airport is Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport in Belize City (airport code: BZE). Among the airlines servicing the airport are American Airlines, Continental, Delta, and Taca. A Lodge representative will meet attendees at the airport and drive them to Blancaneaux, an approximately two-and-a-half-hour journey.
- Entry Requirements A passport and return ticket are required. Visas are not required for US citizens.
- Language English is the official language of Belize. Spanish is also widely spoken.
- Currency The Belize dollar is the official currency and its exchange rate is stable. The US dollar is accepted everywhere, including Blancaneaux.
- Electrical System Same as US.
- Laptops It is not necessary to bring a laptop computer to the workshop. Class exercises are conducted on writing pads. There are outlets in all the rooms, however, should you wish to bring your computer. Blancaneaux does not provide printers.
- Dress Dress at Blancaneaux Lodge is extremely casual. Bring T-shirts, shorts, swimsuits, light slacks, long-sleeve shirts, and a raincoat. Hats, sunglasses, sun screen and bug repellant are a must. We recommend hiking boots or comfortable walking shoes for the trip to Caracol and reefwalkers (ie, Tevas, Chacos, or water socks) for swimming in the river.
Please note: Blancaneaux is not handicapped accessible.
Forward to Application
Back to Top
© 2001- American Zoetrope
All trademarks used herein are exclusive property of the Coppola Companies